Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 45 min
* 3 potatoes of choice
* 10-12 tostadas
* 1/2 onion
* 2 jalapeños
* 1/2 cups vegetable broth
* 2 tomatoes
* 1 can black beans
* 1 can corn
* 1 tsp cumin powder
* 1 tbsp guajillo chili powder
* 1 pinch of cayenne
* Salt and pepper to taste
You will need 1 medium pot, 1 medium pan
1. Boil potatoes on low until soft (30-40 minutes).
2. While potatoes are boiling dice onion, tomato, jalapeños. Open cans, drain and rinse with fresh water to set aside.
3. Once potatoes are done cooking take off skins and mash.
4. Turn pan on medium heat and add 1-2 tbsp of oil or splashed of vegetable broth. Add your diced onion, tomato and jalapeño. Sauté for 5 minutes.
5. Add vegetables broth to the veggies in your pan and then add your mashed potatoes, cumin, guajillo powder, salt and pepper.
6. Mix well and add more vegetable broth if needed to achieve desired texture. Play with the spices as well to see what you like.
7. Add 1-2 tbsp of mashed potato mix to your tostada and top with black beans, shredded cabbage, corn, avocado, cilantro, fresh jalapeños, salsa and whatever else you’d like to add!