6-8 green tomatillos
1 cup of spinach
1 large handul of cilantro
1 medium onion
2-3 jalapenos or serrano peppers
Vegetable broth or bouillon – low sodium
1/4 cup pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
4 cloves of garlic
1 large can of Hominy (32 oz)
2 cans of jackfruit from Trader Joe’s (20 oz cans)
1 tsp cumin
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup shredded cabbage
1 chopped onion
Dried oregano (sprinkle on top)
1. Fill a large pot with water and bouillon or vegetable broth and boil on high. Pot should be filled about half way (about 10 cups). After pot begins to boil turn down to simmer.
2. Blend tomatillos, jalapeños, cilantro, spinach and onion in blender.
3. Add the green mixture to the pot. Taste the broth, add salt and pepper to taste.
4. Start shredding the jackfruit with your hands or two forks.
5. Add the hominy and the jackfruit to the pot and simmer for 5-10 minutes.
6. Serve in a bowl, add toppings and enjoy!