2 bags of Trader Joe’s brown rice
1 can of diced pineapple (just pineapple no added sugar etc)
2 cups of broccoli florets
1 small onion diced
2 carrots diced
1-2 cups of diced tofu (extra firm)
2 tbsp of low sodium soy sauce
2 tbsp canola oil or vegan butter
1 tsp turmeric
2 minced garlic cloves (2 is not the limit)
Salt and pepper
1-2 tomatoes diced
1 cup of cashews
½ cup basil
Thai chili powder (optional)
1. Begin dicing vegetables and tofu.
2. Heat large pan on medium and add 1 tbsp canola oil, add your tofu and carrots first. Sauté for about 5-7 minutes and season with garlic powder and salt.
3. Stick your brown rice in microwave for 4 minutes.
4. After 5-7 minutes add diced onion, pineapple, broccoli and minced garlic to the mix.
After another 10 minutes (or until its cooked to your liking), set aside in a large bowl or container.
5. In the same pan add the other tbsp of canola oil or butter and then add your already cooked and warm brown rice.
6. Add your soy sauce and “fry” your rice for about 5-7 minutes.
7. Mix everything else back into the pan and now add your basil, tomatoes, cashews, cilantro, turmeric, salt and pepper. Cook for about another 2 minutes and serve!