Prep time: 35 min
Cook time: 15 min
8 corn tortillas (trader joe’s tortillas are great; only ingredients are corn, water and traces of lime)
3 tbsp of Soyrizo
2 cups cremini mushrooms
1 cup diced zucchini
1 pack of tempeh
1 jalapeno diced (if you like spice)
1 can of low sodium black beans
1 packet of Mexican blend shredded cheese or fav vegan cheese
1 Tbsp. of olive oil
1-2 tsp cumin
salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup diced bell pepper
Shredded cabbage or lettuce
Guac or sliced avocados
Get the Enchilada Sauce Recipe here!
You will need:
Square/rectangular glass pan (lasagna pan)
Medium-large pan to sauté vegetables
1 wide bowl
1. Open tempeh packet and begin crumbling tempeh into meat-like crumbles. Set aside.
2. Dice your mushrooms, zucchini, onion, and jalapeno pepper. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil to a pan and sauté your vegetables for about 5 minutes until onions become translucent.
3. Add tempeh crumbles to the same pan and sauté for another 5 minutes. Add soyrizo and sauté for another 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain and rinse the can of black beans. Add to the vegetables, mix all together and set aside.
5. Warm up tortillas on a pan or microwave so they become semi-soft. Place enchilada sauce in a wide bowl to be able to dip your tortillas in the sauce.Dip (or drench) your tortillas in the sauce so both sides can be saucy and red.
6. Place 4 tortillas at the bottom of your lasagna pan. If you need more to fully cover the bottom add some more.
7. Add a nice layer of tempeh, soyrizo and veggie mix on top. Add cheese. Repeat again with another layer of saucy tortillas until done.
8. Add cheese on the very top. Bake in oven for 15 minutes or until cheese melts.
Top with avocado/guac and serve.