Introducing the easiest most delicious spreadable vegan cheese recipe! I am so stoked to share this recipe because it’s so darn versatile. You can eat it with crackers, spread it on a sandwich, use it as a salad dressing, spread it on toast… the possibilities are endless!
This cheese is so effortless and fast to make because I make it with almond flour. One day I wanted some spreadable cheese with crackers that I had in my pantry but I did not want to wait hours for nuts to soak. I decided to experiment with blending almond/cashew flour and to my surprise it worked extremely well!
At first thought I imagined it would come out grainy since I used almond flour but as you can see it turned out quite creamy.
For best results:
1. Store in the refrigerator for 10-15 minutes before enjoying. Keeps up to 7 days in a tight seeled container.
2. Use a powerful blender to assure creaminess. I love my Ninja blender and have made it in a smoothie blender as well.
3. Use plant-based milk to achieve maximum creaminess level.⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
One of my favorite ways to eat this cheese is on toast!
It is so good and you can either add figs on top or veggies such as mushrooms, cherry tomatoes and cucumber.
I challenge you to add fresh herbs as well. I've blended parsely with it before and it was incredible.
Just imagine all the differnt flavors you can play around with!
Prep time: 10 min
Cool off time: 15 min
1 cup raw skin-free slivered almonds OR blanched almond flour
1 1/2 tbsp Lemon Juice
1/2 tsp Salt
3 tsp Nutritional Yeast
1/2 cup water OR plant-based milk
1. If using slivered almonds soak for 1 hour in hot water or overnight in room temperature water. If using almond flour skip this step.
2. Add all ingredients to a food processor or blender. Process/blend until smooth.
3. Place in a sealable container and refrigerate for 1 hour for best results.